Thursday, June 4, 2009

What's next?

on the white couch with my feet kicked up on the coffee table, on my bed with my back against the poster filled wall, or sprawled out on my parents bed with my mom by my side...those are my favorite places in this house. It's where most of my thoughts build, my favorite places to just sit and think, right now im on the white couch with my feet kicked up on the coffee table.

my thoughts?
Wow Lord, You've been doing a lot in this little life of mine.

It's not often that i talk about myself on this but to update you blog readers...well, for starters, I'm graduating from College! Haa yes, little Alyssa is graduating from college. Am i going back for more...HECK NO! Also, i thought i felt something weird in the back of my gums, and well...my wisdom teeth are coming out! I recently, after a long period of prayer, accepted a job offer at Sir Speedy as a graphic designer (in training). I've noticed a strong desire in my heart to someday open up my own children art studio in the future! For some reason, this is what really gets me excited lately. But for now, Lord willing, i'll be able to work at one to get the experience. God has been opening and closing many interesting doors these past few months! It's crazy! I remember 17 was a big year for me, God did a lot in my life then too...and thats when i graduated from high school...now 3 years later! IM GRADUATING AGAIN!!

I think the question most people will ask now is..."So, what's next?"

haaa...beats me! (btw, i moved...on my bed with my back against the poster filled wall)

I remember saying this when i was sprawled out on my parents bed with my mom by my side, "Sometimes i wish i just knew what God wanted me to do" But obviously it's not that easy, and i think that's where trust comes in...trusting God

this is a long post...but i want to share something from www.homeschoolblogger.com/DirectMyPath
they basically stole the words right out of my mouth!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart...
and lean not unto your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3: 5,6

These verses are what I have always considered to be my "life verses." They are what I know and believe. I very often repeat them over and over to myself, especially while trying to make big decisions. However, over the past couple of years I have kind of been on auto pilot regarding the direction of my life. I've been busy (aren't we all), and just haven't taken the time needed to really focus on God and the path He is leading me. I am making the choice, because that's what I believe we have to do-make a choice, to commit myself to Christ daily. No more auto-pilot, no more just going along day by day. I am ready for an awakening of my soul. I can remember in the past where I walked daily with Christ and acknowledged Him in everything I did and how alive I felt!! I knew my purpose here on earth was to please Him and I took joy in that fact. Over the past couple of years, that joy has been put on the back burner because I didn't take the time and make the choice to put Christ first in everything I do.

I am excited about what the future holds and the work that God is doing within me. I pray that He will give me the strength and faith to follow Him wherever He leads and to take all of my fears away that I might have the faith of a little child and allow Him to "Direct My Path.""


God, is the creator and beholder of my life. So you ask "What's next?", i'm not too sure, but i think it's safe for me to ask God, "Ok, Lord, what's next? Direct me towards the path that is most pleasing and glorifying to you" and i can put my trust in God that He will.

Let me end this with a verse that i'm clinging onto right now as God works in my life...

"My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him. He only is My stronghold; I shall not be shaken. On God my salvation and my glory rest; The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us." Ps 62:5-8

(although this verse is in my last entry, i HAD to share it again!)

No comments: